Author Topic: For Sale/Wanted discussions started in 2005  (Read 17891 times)

oldroads

• Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
  • Administrator
  • Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
    • Menotomy Vintage Bicycles at OldRoads.com
FOR SALE swap meet
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 09:09:59 am »
Posted on: 1-12-2005 by feb 13th midwest
Get your booth now! Prices go up after Feb. 8 (and you~ll have to bring your own table-chairs)
4th Annual Bicycle Swap Meet & Classic Bike Show
brought to you by
St. Louis Regional Bicycle Federation
When Sunday February 13 2005
Noon- 330 p.m.
Entry $5 for adults. Children 12 and under free.

***Bike Fed members free.***

***Early bird special 1030 a.m. $10***

Where 3200 Laclede Station Rd. in Maplewood Missouri 63143 (former Kmart in Deer Creek Center)
Why Buy bikes and anything bicycle related at great prices. Several area bike shops and individual sellers will be at this event.
Contact 314-707-5001; http--www.stlbikefed.org or swapmeet@stlbikefed.org
Details
* Classic Bike Show (to enter a bike it~s $5 - plus paid admission - contact Dan Schmitz at 636-271-2600 or dan@elabelinc.com for more info.
* Bike vendors of all kinds (shops-individuals etc.)
* Non-profits
* Food vendors
* Fun activities
* more to be added
Prices for bicycle-related booths (prior to Feb. 8 2005)
* Non-profits $15-one booth; $20-two booths
* Individual bike fed members $20-one; $30-two
* Individuals non-member $25-one; $35-two
* Bike business member $50-one; $85-two; $120 three-four
* Bike business non-member $65-one; $115-two; $140 three-four
Booths are 10x10. You get one 8x8 table per booth and a total of 2 chairs. Electricity for your booth may be available (upon request).
Proceeds directly benefit the St. Louis Regional Bicycle Federation (http--www.stlbikefed.org) a 501 ©3 all volunteer organization.
Thanks to Summit Realty for its generous donation of the building space in Deer Creek Center in Maplewood.
For more information
swapmeet@stlbikefed.org or call 314-707-5001.
by 65.45.46.162
Menotomy Vintage Bicycles at OldRoads.com

oldroads

• Administrator
WANTED Original Crank
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 09:09:59 am »
Posted on: 1-13-2005 by Tim Horner
I am looking for an original crank for my bike but I am not entirely sure what my bike is.  If you can help with either of these that would be great.  I think it is WWI BSA (maybe Rudge) but look here for pics.

http--bigredbike.blogspot.com

Thanks

Tim
by 153.104.162.42

oldroads

• Administrator
MISC 1939 Mercury
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 09:09:59 am »
Posted on: 1-14-2005 by Dave
Hi

I picked up a 1939 Mercury Womens bike. Looks like it is all there except the orig. tires. Any idea on the value?

http--server2.uploadit.org-files-darnelld-1939_Mercury.JPG
by 67.51.134.234
Posted on: 1-19-2005 by Dave
FYI there is no light in the tank
by 67.51.134.234

oldroads

• Administrator
FOR SALE Hercules
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2011, 09:09:59 am »
Posted on: 1-14-2005 by Charl Cilliers
Check out my Hercules bicycle on the pictures database and let me know if you want to know more details-see more pics or are interested. Keep in mind that I live in South Africa.... but doesn~t that just make the whole thing just more interesting? -)

Also have a look at my Achilles on the database. This one is however my baby and I couldn~t bear to part with it!

Regards

Charl
by 155.232.250.51

oldroads

• Administrator
FOR SALE Hercules
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2011, 09:09:59 am »
Posted on: 1-14-2005 by Charl Cilliers
Check out my Hercules bicycle on the pictures database and let me know if you want to know more details-see more pics or are interested. Keep in mind that I live in South Africa.... but doesn~t that just make the whole thing just more interesting? -)

Also have a look at my Achilles on the database. This one is however my baby and I couldn~t bear to part with it!

Regards

Charl
by 155.232.250.51

oldroads

• Administrator
FOR SALE Chicago Bicycle Supply tank
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 09:09:59 am »
Posted on: 1-15-2005 by Ed
Hi would anyone have a tank for an old mens Chicago Bicycle supply Cadillac. I~m not sure what year it is but I~m pretty sure pre-war. Its black with red trim oulined with white pinstripping on the frame and fenders with a chrome or nickel plated front headlight (cone shaped) also has "sweetheart" skip tooth sprocket and handlebars have a "cross bar". Its very old and looks to be 95+% original condition. Its says "Cadillac" on the lower bar on the frame and on the brass headbadge. I~m not sure if it came with a tank but it has a single bar under the top frame bar unlike a Phantom which has the thinner double bars under the top bar. If anyone has any info or a tank for this bike please let me know.

ThanksEd

by 24.7.221.143

oldroads

• Administrator
MISC Tandem 20 inch frame
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 09:09:59 am »
Posted on: 1-17-2005 by Tom
I have an old tandem frame and the only markings I can find are the letters SE in a circle and the number 480352 stamped below that on the rear of the frame where the wheel slots are located.  Anyone have any idea what make it is?
by 24.25.36.58

oldroads

• Administrator
MISC What is this worth?
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2011, 09:09:59 am »
Posted on: 1-18-2005 by Dave Kinsman
I have what I think is a 1937 Colson Tandem. It is in good condition and is original.
by 69.161.59.62

oldroads

• Administrator
FOR SALE Zundow Humminbird- Info-Value
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2011, 09:09:59 am »
Posted on: 1-18-2005 by Lee

I recently purchased a Zundow Hummingbird and I was hoping to get a little information on it such as Year value history. I haven~t found much so far. Judging by the color Pink-Yellow-Green flourescent I guess early 80~s.

Tubing is Tange Prestige Dbl butted made in Japan.
Shimano 600 brakes shifters derails stem crank
Mavic CXP30 Aero rims w- Dura Ace hubs
Ft tire- Michelin Axial Pro
Rear tire- Continental Grand Prix
Post- Shimano Aero
Saddle- Rolls San Marcos
Look pedals
Nitto B105 bars

It is in great condition and rides fantastic. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Lee
by 69.233.151.196

oldroads

• Administrator
FOR SALE 2 - Montgomery Wards Early 70~s bicycles
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2011, 09:09:59 am »
Posted on: 1-18-2005 by Brandy
Hello! I have 2 bicycles for sale. One ladies and one mens. 26" lightweight bicycles. They are still in the box  one has been put together once. The other has never been touched. I am interested in selling these as a pair or seperate. I have pictures of these bicycles if you are interested.

Brandy
by 69.143.153.179

oldroads

• Administrator
FOR SALE Help with Valuation Please
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 09:09:59 am »
Posted on: 1-21-2005 by Bob Fugel
I have a 1977 Raleigh Tourist bike that has unique front and rear brakes. The pads on the brakes meet the inside of the rims with a pulling motion from the brake levers that involve only steel rods ( no cables of any kind). The bike is in what appears to be original condition with all of the original parts but suffers from rust on many of the surfaces. Can anyone tell me if this bike is worth restoring and if possible what the current value may be?
Thanks in advance for your help.
by 155.212.124.192
Posted on: 1-23-2005 by Kurt K
The brakes you refer to are called rod brakes - featured on all the Ralegh Tourist models.

Unfortunately while the DL-1 Tourist model style are generally desirable the late ~70s variants are very unpopular as their lesser workmanship and quality can~t match their 50~s counterparts.

A mint fully equipped ~70s DL-1 usually will hit max at $250 usually Anywhere from $150-200 for one lacking the preferred options (saddle-mount bag braze-on pump pegs etc).

Anything in lesser condition usually can~t max $50. Most late DL-1 models in less-then-perfect shape usually end up getting their rod brake parts parted out so if the chrome is rusted as well you might have a tough time trying to unload it (if your final intent is to sell it of course).

Unless you would like to restore it for your own enjoyment there~s no chance that you could restore it and hope to sell it for a profit. Mint ~70s DL-1s are still kicking around and collectors usually aim for these. They use the 70~s models as daily drivers while their prize ~50s Raleigh Rudge or Humber DL-1 Tourist model sits in their shed all polished up.

Of interesting note about 25 miles from me is this particular 1979 Rudge Tourist DL-1 on eBay

http--cgi.ebay.com-ws-eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7129045777

A 1979 Rudge is a particularly odd model (the Rudge line supposedly shut down in ~72) and to see any Tourist with a full chaincase in the States is harder still. This auction had been incorrectly listed once before as a pre 1950~s Rudge (there~s still evedence of that text in his description - I assume he forgot to proofread it) and had been bid to $315.00 or so reserve not met.

I had the chance to see the bike in person and sure enough I discovered it to be a ~79 from the hub date and various other details on it.

As you can see he revised his auction to show that it is in fact a 1979 model and has only recieved a bid of $10.49 for the last 4 days - keep in mind that this is a rather unique edition. But as you can see the collectors want a pre-60~s model - they don~t care what it is if it was built prior to the early ~70s. I expect it not to exceed $60. The seller obviously has high expectations though (although he lowered those expectations from his prevous wild reserve).

Hope this info helps.

Take care

Kurt
by 152.163.100.199

oldroads

• Administrator
FOR SALE custom bmx dyno
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 09:09:59 am »
Posted on: 1-23-2005 by mike
i have a custom bmx dyno i just didsatin black lowered springer forks spiked fenders front and bakc skull grips custom painted sprocket nice chrome. paint has minimal scratches. nice cruiser. i built it and got bored of it.
looking for 150$ maybe trade
ill take any old muscle bikes condition doesnt matter as long as its not pitted badly reply if intterested

http--community.webshots.com-photo-222770605ivPWid
by 24.187.195.201

oldroads

• Administrator
WANTED Where to buy original parts
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 09:09:59 am »
Posted on: 1-23-2005 by Diana R
My friend just acquired a 1966 men~s Sears Spaceliner which needs minor refurbishing such as tail light new tank new tires(26 x 1.75) plus needs to know how to correctly remove light rust from chrome. Can anyone direct me to whom he should contact please? Thanks Diana
by 67.51.83.63

oldroads

• Administrator
MISC 60~s Columbia Thunderbolt
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 09:09:59 am »
Posted on: 1-23-2005 by Jenifer
My father-in-law has a 1962 girl~s Columbia Thunderbolt 26 inches (I think) that is in pretty good overall shape.  The tires need replacing but the original paint seat handlebars etc. are all there.  What is this worth if anything?  He~s wondering if he should trash it restore it or just sell it.  Any info anyone can give would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!!
by 70.242.165.52

oldroads

• Administrator
WANTED Sachs 2-speed Torpedo automatic hub wanted
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 09:09:59 am »
Posted on: 1-24-2005 by Rob K.
Hello

I am looking for a Sachs 2-speed Torpedo automatic hub like this.  A ~Duomatic~ is the kickback version that I don~t want.  I think these were mostly used on 20" folding bikes.  Here is on on eBay with a kinda high pricetag...

http--cgi.ebay.com-ws-eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7129254588&ssPageName=STRKMEWAIT

Thank you for any help!
by 216.153.178.36
Posted on: 1-30-2005 by app eq co- milton pa
we have the hub and the frame mounted shifter...all very good...was recently gone over in our shop--wheel is true chrome excellent...from 1955 folding bike...we are open to offers..steve
by 209.240.205.60