Author Topic: 1960 schwinn tandem three seater  (Read 1376 times)

ken moore

1960 schwinn tandem three seater
« on: November 23, 2011, 09:21:22 pm »
Looking for some info on a bike that has been in my family, it is a 1960 or 1959 three seater town and country.Serial #t d 4025
thanks
Ken

oldroads

• Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
  • Administrator
  • Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
    • Menotomy Vintage Bicycles at OldRoads.com
Re: 1960 schwinn tandem three seater
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 07:07:39 am »
Three seats?  Let's see a picture!
-Vin
Menotomy Vintage Bicycles at OldRoads.com

ken

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 06:45:00 pm »
Here it is, it needs a bath what do you think?

ken

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 06:49:33 pm »
Here it is, it needs a bath what do you think?

oldroads

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 07:26:23 am »
That thing is fantastic.  It looks original, though I cannot ever remember seeing one.
-Vin

ken

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 08:14:52 pm »
All original from the seats to the peddles.I heard that disneyland order 12 but they never took them and they went to some dealers. Trying to find out if that is true.
Ken

Matthew - as before

• Still here after all these miles
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 01:32:48 pm »
Probably the most famous Three seat tandem in the world;

The Goodies television series
Main article: The Goodies (TV series)

The Goodies television series was created by British Comic trio; Tim Brooke-Taylor, Graeme Garden and Bill Oddie.

The episodes for the series were originally co-written by all three Goodies (Tim, Graeme and Bill). Later, the episodes were co-written by Graeme Garden and Bill Oddie.

The music for the show was written by Bill Oddie, and The Goodies' theme music was co-written by Bill Oddie and Michael Gibbs. The show also benefited greatly from the input of director Jim Franklin.

The original BBC television series ran from November 1970 to February 1980 on BBC 2, with 69 episodes, mostly thirty minutes in length except for two forty-five minute Christmas specials (The Goodies and the Beanstalk and The Goodies Rule ? O.K.?).

It was one of the first shows in the UK to use chroma key and one of the first to use stop-motion techniques in a live action format. Other effects include hand editing for repeated movement, mainly used to make animals "talk" or "sing", and play speed effects as used in the episode "Kitten Kong".

The threesome travelled around on, and frequently fell off, a three-seater bicycle called the trandem. One of these trandems was later cycled across Africa, a trip immortalised in the resultant book Three Men on a Bike.

Although The Goodies are well known for performing spectacular but comedic stunts, it was Tim Brooke-Taylor who performed most of them.

I thought this might be of interest?

Matthew - Wkipedia weesearch

And through all, I had a ball.

ken

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 02:09:42 pm »
Nice bike,but it is only a two person peddeling with a third seat added.Mine is a three person peddeling from schwinn stock.

ken

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 02:13:02 pm »
My bad I looked at the bike again and there is three peddeles,but it is not the same bike.

ken

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 02:22:12 pm »
My bad I looked at the bike again and there is three peddeles,but it is not the same bike. there are two that they show one has two sets of peddels and one has three sets of pedddles

DKB

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 05:35:39 pm »
I've heard the Disneyland story before. There are a few of these around; they seem very cool. Is the rear derailer a recent addition? And does it have two eccentric adjustable bottom brackets (rear and front ones I'd guess)?  It must be a lot of fun to ride. "Neither one is pedaling!!"

ken

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 09:12:48 pm »
Three speed was added in the late 1960s.It does have two adjustable brackets.Love the bike,it turns alote of heads at the rides we go to.I have a pic with my dad ,mom,sister and me in a kid seat on the back from 1963. The bike has been in the family since 1960.I would like to find some more info on the Disneyland story if any one can help me.
Thanks
Ken

ken

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 09:16:18 am »
Found out some more info on my bike it looks like it is a 1950s not 1960 still trying to pin down the right year.It looks like the story on Disneyland is not true.

oldroads

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 07:20:51 pm »
That serial number does not look complete. 
Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
http://OldRoads.com

WilliamJat

life of pi essays free
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2017, 12:22:33 am »
You need JavaScript to see my email address 2.
About 2 years ago, my CEO gave me a choice between a business and a technological position.
Is the hip hop: negative influences of the issue that hip hop lyrics in salt lake city, and or to do a persuasive essay helper paragraph accounting.
The first thing you want to do is identify the parameters and factors, the then determine which are key to the case output.
Can we switch between Thesis and Non-Thesis options after joining.
It is a profoundly subtle work, and while it belongs in line with the great liberal novels of the past, back through Isherwood and Forster to George Eliot, it faces head-on the encounter with the modern revolutionary imperative and the urgent claim of History, that long corridor, flanked by the twin images of Human Suffering and Political Power, in which Gifford Maxim stands, on the way to the moral future.
Unit AS 2 accounts for 50 percent of the AS award but 25 percent of the full A Level.
We yield the best ROI (Return on Investment) for our clients from the countries like India, UK, USA, and Australia.
They defeated those elements in our society which seek to pit white against Negro and lead the nation down a dangerous Fascist path.
Information about Texas Tech University application fees, as well as practice test questions, and career training courses.

value of books short essay scholarships
topics to write narrative essays on
a essay on value of education
committee assignments in congress are determined by lot
cover letter examples for executive assistant to ceo
hotel cover letter format
how to cite web sources in a research paper mla header
ib psychology human relationships essays on the great
essay on e-governance a way to smooth governance definition
a hanging indent is often used to format a bibliography entry

hostlongisland
gameoptimizer