Author Topic: Velosolex Parisienne  (Read 339 times)

Steve S.

Velosolex Parisienne
« on: January 10, 2012, 08:55:21 am »
Good Mornin' to all!  I come to your collective wealth of knowledge in search of information regarding my latest aquisition, a Velosolex Parisienne.  It appears to be of an early 70's (?) vintage, orange in color, with Mafac Racer brakes, Simplex Prestige rear derailleur, Simplex front derailleur and stem mounted shifters, Nervar "Light Race" crank arms and chainrings, hubs simply say Normandy and quick release levers say M.M. Atom.  The steed is still in very rideable condition as it is well cared for mechanically, however the frame is quite scratched up and in need of some help.  I can't seem to find much information about the bicycles they produced, mainly mopeds, so if anyone can come to my assistance . . .  I'm considering cannablizing the poor chap to complete a pair of old Peugeots, unless someone can tell me why I shouldn't???  Thank you so much for any and all assistance!

alwaysride

Re: Velosolex Parisienne
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 06:42:25 pm »
The only Velosolex products I've seen are motorized bicycles.
If you have a real bicycle I'd suggest keeping it in original condition. 
People who collect mopeds might like to have a real bicycle, too.
Always buying.  Always riding.

Keith Body

Re: Velosolex Parisienne
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 02:10:17 pm »
Without research, I seem to remember the name was one of Motobecane. Originally early post WW2 moped, friction drive on the front wheel, but by the time the name got to the far east perhaps they didn't connect the history? Solex was a very well known carburettor.