Author Topic: Mystery Bike...King Lion Folding Bike  (Read 1018 times)

drb1966

Mystery Bike...King Lion Folding Bike
« on: January 31, 2014, 08:22:38 pm »
So I scored a bike today and appears to be rather old. The only legible words on the bike are "king lion" on the frame in two places. And on the neck there is a chrome bracket that has "Tokyo Katakura". It is a folding bike. I have done some research online but have not turned up anything as of yet. http://artfullyrogue.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/WP_20140131_002.jpg

oldroads

• Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
  • Administrator
  • Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
    • Menotomy Vintage Bicycles at OldRoads.com
Re: Mystery Bike...King Lion Folding Bike
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 06:37:31 am »
I see info in our archives about that cycle.
Use the google search box on our site or go to our main Archives page: http://oldroads.com/avq1.asp
Menotomy Vintage Bicycles at OldRoads.com

drb1966

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 09:47:50 am »
I also saw the same info in my earlier searches but everything I saw was also searching for the same info. I'm trying to find out when it was built, it's history etc. I will probably try to restore it to sometime degree and will be looking for parts. It's just that I can not find anything online at all about the bike which seems odd

Matthew - as before

• Still here after all these miles
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 03:31:23 pm »
I would call this a BSO that is a bicycle shaped object. Unless it is extremely well engineered or folds down to the size of a Samsonite brief case then I would let this one go. Having said that, if it floats your boat take care of it. It looks like it could do with some love.

Matthew - we can't save them all.
And through all, I had a ball.