Author Topic: Can anyone help me find info and value for this bike ???  (Read 873 times)

The werd

Hello, and thanks in advance to anyone that has any knowledge about this bike. I purchased this Ladies M.T.B. at a yard sale on 5/16 based solely on its components, and not its appearance......all Shimano Deore derailluers, Biopace crank, Deore thumb shifters, Shimano cantilever brakes, Weinemann 26in rims, Esge fenders, Esge rear rack and a Selle Italia anatomic saddle..... in my world ALL super nice, upper end stuff. The bike was extremely dirty, and all I could see for a name was Mistral, And a tubing sticker that says Vitus 999 CroMo lightweight tubing. I looked for hours online and cant find ANYTHING about this bike. I then pulled an all-nighter with a friend cleaning and polishing....... and was stunned with the bicycle that emerged ! see pics ! So where did this bike come from???

oldroads

• Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
  • Administrator
  • Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
    • Menotomy Vintage Bicycles at OldRoads.com
Re: Can anyone help me find info and value for this bike ???
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 08:06:04 am »
Looks like it would be a nice commuter.
Menotomy Vintage Bicycles at OldRoads.com

Matthew - as before

• Still here after all these miles
Re: Can anyone help me find info and value for this bike ???
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 04:28:19 pm »
Keep it, ride it, enjoy it and maybe in 25 years it may be worth something. It wouldn't make much over here in the UK, ´┐¢10 max on a good day BUT it does have depth and value, so take care of it.

Matthew - saved from the skip (dumpster)
And through all, I had a ball.