MISC:   What year? posted by: Dick Carlson on 2/14/2006 at 10:41:54 PM
I am restoring a Whizzer motorcycle=24" Schwinn it has a brass plaque on the front that says Schwinn I was told it was 1948 it has a deluxe front end and the serial numbers on the bottom of the frame read 1874 any idea what bike this is or a way for me to find out. Bike came from NY
Any help would be appreciated.


   RE:MISC:   What year? posted by rod on 2/16/2006 at 9:10:59 PM
I believe Whizzers were built as late as 1951; but to be sure, click on to the Schwinn serial # chart on this site. Good luck!

WANTED:   Wing Nuts, Front & Rear for 1949 Raleigh Lenton Clubman posted by: Ted Lavoie on 2/14/2006 at 12:49:01 AM
Restoring a near perfect 49 Lenton Clubman, 531 tubing, aluminum factory fenders....REALLY want a set of front and rear Wing nuts to finish it off - rear hub is a 4 SPD Sturmey.....Please call 415 309-8025 if you have any you are willing to sell - threads must be in usable condition -want to RIDE this fine old machine.



   RE:WANTED:   Wing Nuts, Front & Rear for 1949 Raleigh Lenton Clubman posted by George on 2/20/2006 at 6:39:09 AM
I saw some on Ebay last week

WANTED:   Schwinn tail light bulb posted by: Robert Custer on 2/13/2006 at 9:16:58 PM
I annot find a bulb for my Schwinn Phantom tail light. I need a "K 2.5V 0.3A" screw-in bulb. Any leads?

   RE:WANTED:   Schwinn tail light bulb posted by rod on 2/13/2006 at 9:23:15 PM
You can go to Radio Shack for replacement bulbs. Good Luck!

FOR SALE:   Campy/Shimano For Sale posted by: Jeff Phillips on 2/13/2006 at 4:48:11 PM
Component Price
Pedals Campy Record $45.00
Bars Cinelli 64 $10.00
Hubs Campy Record $50.00
Seat Brooks Pro $50.00
Regina CX/CV Freewheel 13/19 $25.00
Shimano 600 EX Sealed Hubs $50.00
Separate total $230.00
Package Price $200.00


WANTED:   Looking for replacement reflector decals posted by: Towser on 2/12/2006 at 5:34:23 AM
I've just cleaned up an old (60's?) AMF Roadmaster Legend and am looking to replace the shiny silver decals which were located on either side of the rear tire
I'd be glad to use anything that'd be suitable and just cut it to shape
Any advice?

   RE:WANTED: Looking for replacement reflector decals posted by scott on 2/19/2006 at 4:23:00 AM
I dont know if this will help or not but there is a company called bare metal foil that makes a chrome adhesive foil that is used for trim on models , it is very thin material available in hobby shops) , or you could try chrome, polished metal duct tape wich is thick and kinda hard to contour , It can also be hard to find,
If what you need is reflectorised you could try a craft store (I havent seen it but Id bet that it was made)
hope this helps